A Unique ‘Learning Centre’ inaugurated
at Heartfulness Institute, Kanha Shanti Vanam, Hyderabad
Hyderabad, April 30, 2019 : Heartfulness Institute ( www.heartfulness.org) as part of its education initiatives has launched the ‘Heartfulness Learning Centre’ (www.hfnschools.org) that aims to provide a joyful learning environment for children of Pre-KG to Grade 8.
Mr. Kamlesh Patel (also known as Daaji), Global Guide of Heartfulness Institute, inaugurated ‘The Heartfulness Learning Centre’ a novel experiment in ‘Building the Wisdom Bridge’ on Tuesday, the 30th of April 2019, at Heartfulness Institute, Kanha Shantivanam, Kanha Village, near Hyderabad, Telangana. The Learning Centre was inaugurated in the presence of Mr. Suresh Prabhu, Union Minister for Commerce and Civil Aviation and his wife Mrs. Uma Prabhu.
According to Mr. Kamlesh Patel (Daaji), “This learning system aims to integrate the wisdom and rich traditions of our ancient land, with the scientific, innovative and contemporary methods of the west, thereby preparing children to meet the challenges of this modern world and yet be strongly anchored within themselves.”
This Heartfulness ‘Sanctuary for children’ is at the heart of 1,400 acres of Heartfulness Education Trust. Beyond their classrooms, children have access to extended infrastructure of the facility for their learning and on-field training such as vegetable farms, nursery and tree plantations for nature appreciation, pottery labs, a dairy, library and a kitchen that has the infrastructure and equipment to make food for 1 lakh people .
Ms. Nirmala Sundaram, Principal of Heartfulness Learning Centre states: “The children will be exposed to myriad and wide-ranging options aimed at promoting self-learning, observation, discovery, curiosity, exploration and experiencing through experimentation. Faculty, centered in the Heartfulness Practice with expertise in their chosen areas, will focus their efforts with a lot of love and care. They will be role models who facilitate subtly, delegate effectively and nurture inspiration for self-learning, by creating a joyful and conducive learning environment”.
Unique Methodology: HLC
- Foundation and approach based on 7E Process: Enthuse, Experiment, Experience, Explain, Elaborate, Explore and Extend
- Focussed on providing Integrated, Interdisciplinary, Experimental and Experiential learning
- Curriculum Includes Scholastic subjects and Co-Scholastic subjects:
- Arts (fine arts, contemporary and decorative arts), performing arts (theatre, dance, music) and significantly Associated Sessions (unity moments, yoga, farm & field visits, life skills, relaxation, talks, discussions, presentations, celebrations etc.)
- Follows the National Curriculum Framework guidelines
The eclectic methodology of ‘Integrated, Interdisciplinary, Experiential and Experimental learning’, will be facilitated by faculty in the state of art infrastructure available at Kanha Shantivanam, the Global Headquarters of Heartfulness Institute.
The curriculum will consist of both Scholastic and Co-scholastic subjects. Scholastic subjects include languages, Mathematics, Science, Social Science and Digital learning. Co-scholastic subjects will cover a wide range of specialization: Visual arts: Drawing, painting, collage, crafts, digital art, animation, graffiti, photography, paper making, clay modelling, mosaic art, glass making and jewellery making. Performing arts: Theatre , dance and Music. Associated Sessions will include unity moments, yoga, farm & field visits, life skills, relaxation, talks, discussions, presentations, and celebrations amongst others.
‘The Heartfulness Education Trust’ has also applied for National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) accreditation for the ‘Open Basic & Academic Education’ program. Established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India in 1989, this is the largest open schooling system in the world. Website: www.nios.ac.in
This innovative educational endeavour is ably supported by two eminent educationists who are our Consultants and Heartfulness Mentors:
- Dr. Shamala S. Krishna is a postgraduate in English, Education and Women Studies and a Ph. D in Value Education with 30 years of experience in the ‘Regional Institute of Education (RIE, Mysore (NCERT). She has also been the member of the National Curriculum Framework in 2005, and member of the editorial committee for Grade XII core English textbook. Seven books titled “Lead Kindly Light” (teaching values to Children through English) have been authored by her.
- Ms. Santhya Vikram is the Founder and Managing Director of ‘The Yellow Train’, a progressive school in Coimbatore. She is a researcher, writer and speaker of various themes in education and child development with a Master’s in Business Management. She holds various Diplomas and Certificates in pedagogy, design and leadership in education. For 12 years she worked in the Corporate world both in India and overseas in the areas of leadership development, human resources and innovation.
About Heartfulness meditation
Heartfulness ( www.heartfulness.org ), is a Raja Yoga system of meditation, which is also known as ‘Sahaj Marg’, or the ‘Natural Path’. It originated at the turn of the twentieth century and was formalised with the founding of the Shri Ram Chandra Mission in 1945 in India. With over a million practitioners worldwide, Heartfulness meditation is a set of practices for self-development that help us find inner calm and stillness in our fast-paced world. The easily adopted practices are appropriate for people from all walks of life, cultures, religious beliefs and economic status, over the age of fifteen. Ongoing Heartfulness meditation training can be found at thousands of schools and colleges, and over 100,000 professionals are meditating in corporations, non-governmental and government bodies worldwide. More than 5000 Heartfulness Centres, known as HeartSpots, are supported by many thousands of certified volunteer trainers in 130 countries.
For further details
please contact Rajesh Gurram on +91 98490 42184
or mail at: email@example.com